Sexual Health Services for Sex Workers
LiSH offers a free and confidential service to women, men, trans and gender non-binary individuals, working in the sex or adult entertainment industry. LiSH will continue to support sex workers throughout the COVID19 pandemic, those that access of their own accord via the central booking system are offered face to face appointments as required. For an appointment, please ring 01522 309309.
We recognise that if you are working in the sex industry you may be worried about your sexual health or worry about judgement when visiting a service. We will not routinely disclose your personal information to other health and social care organisations, including your GP without discussing this with you first.
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Hepatitis B vaccinations
- HPV vaccines for men who have sex with men
- All methods of contraception, including emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Unplanned pregnancy information and abortion referral
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- PEP Post Exposure Prophylaxis, a treatment preventing HIV infection after the virus has entered a person’s body.
- Advice about safety at work including National Ugly Mugs, a scheme to report incidents and receive warning about dangerous individuals
- Support to register with a GP and understand your rights to access healthcare via Doctors of the World
- Psychological support: Mental Health and Self Help Guides.