Please explore the following sections for more information:
If 100 sexually active women don’t use any contraception, 80 to 90 will become pregnant in a year.
If used according to teaching and instructions, up to 99 per cent effective. Up to one woman in 100 will get pregnant in a year.
HOW IT WORKS
The fertile and infertile times of the menstrual cycle are identified by noting the different fertility indicators. This shows when you can have sex without risking pregnancy.
- No physical side-effects.
- No chemicals or physical products are used.
- Gives a woman a greater awareness of her body.
- Can help to plan a pregnancy or avoid a pregnancy.
- It does not involve using any chemicals or physical devices.
- There are no physical side effects.
- It can help you recognise normal and abnormal vaginal secretions.
- It can help you to communicate about your fertility and sexuality.
- It is acceptable to all faiths and cultures.
- Need to avoid sex or use a condom at fertile times of the cycle.
- It takes three–six menstrual cycles to learn effectively.
- You have to keep daily records.
- Some events, such as illness, lifestyle, stress or travel, may make fertility indicators harder to interpret.
- You need to avoid sex or use male or female condoms during the fertile time.
- Natural methods don’t protect you against sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
‘Persona’ is a small handheld computerised monitor with urine test sticks, which measure hormonal changes. The machine may cost £75 and sticks can cost £15
Persona predicts the fertile and infertile times of the menstrual cycle. If used correctly it can be up to 94 per cent effective – Up to 6 women in 100 will get pregnant in a year.
It is not as effective as fertility awareness.
Where's my nearest clinic?
GU Medicine Department, Grantham Hospital, Manthorpe Road, Grantham, NG31 8DG
|Monday||8.15am – 15:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:15am – 19:00pm|
|Thursday||8:30am – 18:45pm|
Click HERE for site map and photo
(A607 coming in from Manthorpe/Belton side – turn right onto Progress Way. Follow road round – left,left,left. Single storey building Sexual Health Clinic).